To Stand Once More

Written by: Anna Bryant

You no longer look me in the eyes.
See me for who I am.
How did I lose my worth to you?
All love has left your eyes.

How many days feel as though they are caught?
Caught in fast forward motion.
Does anyone see me?
Do I see me?

I see you.
I see your strength.
You have been hit by so many lethal words.
Yet you still choose to stand for truth.

Love has not left my eyes,
Your love for yourself is what you no longer accept.
Let go of your self judgement.
Look through my eyes,
                           see what I see.

                                            Wholeness.
                                                             Love.
                                                                    Beauty.
                                                                           Grace.

How could you say those words?
You don't know who I am.
What I've done.
The struggle in my heart.

I know who you are,
          because I created you.
I know your pain.
I know how you wonder where I was in the midst of it.
I never left you, I picked you up and helped you to stand once more.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ink Stains

Sands of the Journey